Schedule Annual Maintenance
A senior living facility in Onalaska, WI had some concerns in regards to their foundation.
1. Cracks in foundation walls
2. Uneven floors
3. Drywall cracks on the main level
4. Sticking doors and windows
After some online research, the facility management found American Waterworks and requested a FREE inspection with our Commercial Project Manager, Rick Weber.
After a thorough inspection, Rick observed that all the concerns are symptoms of one problem - foundation settlement.
CAUSE: There are several layers of soil underneath any property. Foundation settlement and movement occurs when one of those layers of soil can no longer support the weight of the structure.
Rick proposed a solution that would include Helical Anchors to address the outward foundation movement and Helical Piers to address foundation settlement. After a thorough presentation and with all questions addressed, the facility management then sought a second opinion on the proposed solution, from an independent structural engineer. With the engineer's professional opinion that the proposed solution would work well, and had also given a favorable review of the products and methods to be used in the project, facility management gave the approval to move forward with the project.
1. Project timeline from start to finish was about a week
2. The exterior excavation was performed along the foundation
3. Helical anchors are installed to prevent outward foundation movement
A. Helical anchors were a non-invasive solution for this project and did not interfere with property operations or the residents of the facility
4. Helical piers are installed to stabilize the foundation
A. Helical piers are hydraulically driven through the soil to load-bearing strata
5. Frost protection was installed to protect the foundation against frost heave during cold weather conditions
6. The excavation was backfilled and soil was compacted
With the project completed, the facility management was satisfied with the final outcome. If you are in the commercial industry, contact Rick Weber with any questions about your property or future projects.
Contractor: American Waterworks
Foremen: Juan Pena and Jose Castillo
Commercial Project Manager: Rick Weber
Service: Commercial Foundation Repair
Products Installed: Helical Piers and Helical Anchors
our service area